How to apply the recommendation
- Click View in Portal to open the Azure Portal on the correct resource.
- Select Size in the menu
- Select the B-Series size that was recommended by ShareGate Overcast.
Note: If you do not see B-Series virtual machine as an option, you can Shut Down (Deallocate) your Virtual machine (VM) and then attempt to change the size again. This will allow the VM to move to another rack where B-Series are available.
Some Virtual machines can be converted to B-Series Virtual machines to significantly reduce their cost.
To learn more about B-Series VMs, please read this blog article.
To fit this recommendation, a VM must meet the following criteria:
- The VM is not already a B-Series.
- The CPU activity averaged under 20% over the past 30 days.
- The app has calculated that your CPU activity would not have breached the B-Series credit system for each minute in the past 30 days.
Note: B-Series VMs are not available for Classic virtual machines. To apply the recommendation for a Classic VM, it must first be migrated to a virtual machine (ARM). The migration process is detailed in this article from Microsoft.