Oversized services are App service plans that have low CPU and Memory activity over the past 30 days, compared to what their tier allows. These services can typically be downscaled to save costs.
To be considered Oversized, a service must fill the following criteria:
- The App service plan is not considered Idle (see Idle Service)
- Average CPU usage for the App Service Plan is under 40% for every hour over the past 30 days.
- Average Memory usage for the App Service Plan is under 45% for every hour over the past 30 days.
- Resource is not on the Free, B1, S1, P1 or D1 plans.
How to apply the recommendation
- Click View in Portal to open the Azure Portal on the correct resource.
- To downscale the resource, click Scale Up (App Service plan) in the menu, and select a smaller instance size.