Storage is considered Idle when no read or write operations were detected in the past 30 days. This includes blobs, tables and queues.
Note: In some cases, it can be normal for there to be no activity (ex: archival or backup). It is important to verify that the data is no longer needed before deleting the account.
To trigger this recommendation, a Storage Account must fill the following criteria:
- No activity (reads or writes) in the past 30 days
- Resource is not on a Free tier
How to apply the recommendation
- Click View in Portal to open the Azure Portal on the correct resource.
- Select Overview in the menu.
- Click Delete storage account in the header.