How to apply the recommendation
- Click View in Portal to open the Azure Portal on the correct resource.
- Select Configuration in the menu.
- Select the desired access tier.
- Click Save in the top header.
Note: Before changing, make sure that the new access tier meets your usage requirements. There are costs associated with changing between access tiers and changing frequently should be avoided.
Blob and General Purpose V2 Storage accounts can be set to Hot, Cool, and Archive access tiers.
Hot storage will cost less per operation to read, but will cost more for storage.
Cool storage will cost less for storage, but will cost more when it is accessed.
These two access tiers will be tuned to different usage patterns. By analyzing the usage pattern over the past 30 days, the app can determine if the alternate tier would cost less.
To trigger this recommendation, a storage account must fill the following criteria:
- The Storage account must have incurred costs in the past 30 days.
- The app has calculated that your Storage account costs would have been lower in the past 30 days with a different access tier.
At this time, no recommendations for Archive tier are given as this tier functions very differently from the other two.
You can read more about access tiers in this article by Microsoft.